Homemade Stove Top Granola

I found a recipe for stove top granola in Yummy magazine and thought I'd try it. Of course, I changed the recipe again to suit my taste.


You need:


2.5  cups rolled oats
1/2t salt
macadamias (or any nut you want)
olive oil
honey
your choice of dried fruits (I used cranberries, mangoes and coconuts) 

Let's do this!

Mix the oats, salt and nuts in a bowl. On a non-stick pan, heat the oil and honey just until the honey starts to bubble. Add the oat mixture and mix well so everything is coated with honey and olive oil. I used a lot of honey because I like honey. 

Transfer the mixture to a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. I didn't have any so I used my trusty glass casserole which my husband broke the other day (sob..). I covered it with parchment paper. I added the dried fruits and let this cool. I transferred them to my Ball jars after cooling. I top this with yogurt and my breakfast is solved.

My only comment on this recipe is it's tricky to make granola using a pan and a stove as I couldn't cook the oats evenly. Some were too chewy and the clumped up portions were hard. I'll try this again with an oven. Oh, and you really need a big tray so that they won't stick together. 

Comments