Sambal Udang

Guys, I'm so sorry I've been MIA. I have been swamped with work in all aspects of my life and it's only now that I am able to get a little bit of time to blog. Actually, I'm already sleepy so I'll make this quick.



It's no secret that I love Asian food - Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, Indonesian, Singaporean, etc. When we went to Singapore in November, I would always scour the shelves of the neighborhood grocery store for interesting finds. One of them was a bottle of chili prawns. I knew I needed to take it home and this was the result.

You need

shrimps
oil
water
tamarind sauce (bottled)
salt
sugar
bottled chili prawn or sambal belacan (whatever you have)

Let's do this!

Heat oil in a pan. Add the belacan or chili prawn and stir fry until fragrant. This process really stings the eyes and will make you cough. Add the shrimps and stir fry for a minute. Add the water ( just a little), tamarind sauce (about a tablespoon or two), salt and sugar. Let the mixture boil and turn off heat. Serve with rice, sliced cucumbers and salted peanuts. 


Comments